To apply to any listed position, send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Job Description – Payroll & Administrative Coordinator – Reformed Church of Highland Park Affordable Housing Corporation
This position is responsible for running bi-monthly payroll for the organization, and supports the COO in tasks associated with operational goals of the organization. Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, this position is for 40 per hours week at a salary of $40,000.
- Run correct and efficient payroll two times per month, including benefits deductions
- Coordinate tenant leases for the organization, including: maintaining the leases database and files, creating new leases for tenants, creating renewals for each lease yearly, providing the required information for each lease file
- Assist the COO with employee personnel files and the HR portal, ensuring information is up to date and accurate
- Oversee and maintain organizational files
- Additional tasks as assigned
Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills. 2+ years experience with payroll systems, Quickbooks preferred. Experience with systems of organization including filing, databases, and online platforms. Ability to multitask and work independently in a fast-paced and complex work environment. Proficient in MS Word and Excel.
Job Description – Reception & Placement Case Manager – Interfaith-RISE – Reformed Church of Highland Park Affordable Housing Corporation
The Case Manager provides case management to newly arriving refugee families, inclusive of pre-arrival planning through the first 90 days of core services and with planning for long-term support. This position is located in southern NJ near Williamstown, NJ.
Reporting to the I-RISE Director, this position is 40 hours/week at $43,000/year plus health insurance.
- Provide high-quality case management services for all arriving refugees. Coordinate and deliver all necessary services within the 90-day service time period post-arrival
- Work with the Volunteer Coordinator to connect volunteer community members with clients to continue as point-people for families to ensure a continuum of care post-90-days
- Help refugee youth and their families connect to the larger community, cultivate cultural awareness for both the refugees and the communities in which they resettle, promote civic engagement, and enhance language skills.
- Provide families with culturally and linguistically appropriate materials on programs or activities, translation services, and interpreter services
- Provide family connection to services and benefits
- Facilitate family participation/enrollment in programming that supports integration into the community, such as English as a Second Language (ESL) sessions, mentoring, and group activities
- Collect and input client and case management data as needed using Apricot and other systems
- Assist case managers and other I-RISE team members as assigned by the I-RISE Director
Master’s degree in social work or equivalent work experience. Excellent written and oral communication skills. Experience working with diverse populations, including non-English speaking clients, and individuals from various faith, cultural, and social backgrounds. Ability to multi-task and creatively problem solve, and ability to work in a fast-paced and vibrant environment required.
Job Description – English Language Learner (ELL) Coordinator, Interfaith-RISE NJ South Office – Reformed Church of Highland Park Affordable Housing Corporation
This position provides English Language instruction to refugee and asylee clients of the Interfaith-RISE NJ South office, and coordinates volunteer tutors and conversation groups. This position is located in southern NJ near Williamstown, NJ.
Reporting to the I-RISE Director, NJ South, this position is 40 hours/week at $43,000year.
- Provide student assessment and intake interview (speaking, reading, writing, alphabet and phonetic awareness) for all Interfaith-RISE clients
- Create Educational Goals and Individualized Curriculum plan
- Create lesson plans for student being instructed covering reading, writing, listening, speaking and pronunciation instruction.
- Build and maintain an individual support/navigator team for high-need students
- Provide weekly small group or individual instruction as needed
- Coordinate volunteer tutors and conversation opportunities
- Refer students to conversation classes locally as fits their schedule and needs
- Serve as a resource or point person, directing clients to services that meet their educational goals.
- Conduct volunteer tutor recruitment and evaluation
- Provide Tutor Orientation, matching and ongoing instructional support – materials, troubleshooting, curriculum suggestions and purchasing.
- Coordinate education outreach and collaboration with community partners
- Order start-up materials for each student (Oxford Picture Dictionary for adults, Oxford Picture Dictionary for each family with school age children)
- Research and apply for grants which would provide funding for instructional materials and supplies
- Provide outreach and communications to outside groups as needed
Excellent written and oral communication skills. A degree in English as a Second Language required. Experience working with diverse ELL populations, from non-literate individuals to professionals in various fields in their home countries. Ability to problem-solve and think creatively about new ways to approach problems.
JOB DESCRIPTION – Employment Services Coordinator, Interfaith-RISE NJ South Office – Reformed Church of Highland Park Affordable Housing Corporation
This position provides Employment Services to newly arrived refugees to empower them to achieve financial self-sufficiency through employment. This position is located in southern NJ near Williamstown, NJ.
Reporting to the I-RISE Director, NJ South, this position is 40 hours/week at $43,000year.
- Provide direct service to newly arrived refugee clients, document service provision, work collaboratively with team members, and meet performance goals.
- Services include: intakes and assessments, employment preparation, job readiness training, placement support, career enhancement services, credential evaluations, and follow-up services.
- Create, maintain and nurture new and existing employer relationships.
- Coordinate and provide comprehensive intake, assessment, orientation, and pre-employment/job readiness classes to clients eligible for employment services.
- Provide job counseling and case management.
- Conduct group and one-on-one job readiness courses that provide client with the basic skills required to enhance their employability, such as cultural and workplace orientation, mock interviews, creation of resumes, and job skills development sessions.
- Develop engaging, tailored, and comprehensive employment plans for each employable adult.
- Keep accurate digital and physical attendance, assessment, and service provision records.
- Develop and cultivating long term relationships with area employers to enhance employment opportunities for clients.
- Determine specific employment opportunities appropriate to clients and assisting clients in accessing these opportunities by guiding them through the hiring process.
- Monitor client job performance, wage level, and employer/employee satisfaction.
- Participate in weekly team meetings.
- Ensure time and accurate compliance to all reporting requirements, including report completion, database management, case noting, and file maintenance.
- Develop and coordinating training programs to assist with career development opportunities for clients.
- Assist case workers; oversee interns and volunteers as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in social work or related field of study; or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 2 years relevant work experience in human services field preferred.
- Supervisory or mentoring experience desired.
- Demonstrate experience with US job search processes and ability to effectively coach clients through the nuanced process of securing employment.
- Familiarity with southern New Jersey’s job market strongly preferred.
- Ability to work as part of a team and to oversee volunteers and interns.
- Proven success achieving goals and working effectively with all levels of staff in a fast-paced, rapidly changing, multi-cultural environment.
- Demonstrated success working and communicating effectively in a multi-cultural environment.
- Proven ability to lead a team.
- Self-starter with excellent problem-solving skills.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize duties, take initiative, and manage time effectively.
- Fluent in English, both spoken and written; bilingual ability in another language is strongly preferred.
- Valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle with current insurance, and the willingness to travel regularly throughout the service delivery area.
- Excels in using Microsoft office applications (Word, Excel) and online databases.
- May require occasional weekend and/or evening work.
Job Description – Maintenance Assistant – Reformed Church of Highland Park Affordable Housing Corporation (RCHP-AHC)
With the property management team, the Maintenance Assistant for RCHP-AHC provides routine and seasonal maintenance for properties in the RCHP-AHC portfolio. This position will report to the Property Manager.
- Performing general repair and upkeep for AHC properties including: painting, roof repair, light plumbing, light electrical, lawn care, snow removal, deep cleaning, preparing new apartments for new clients, collecting donated furniture, preparing for inspections (town inspections, state government inspections, fire inspections), debris removal, and other tasks as needed
- Assisting with maintenance of our 3 AHC vehicles (white and blue van + yellow truck)
- Responding to evening and weekend emergencies on a rotating basis– holding the AHC phone during assigned hours
- Working cooperatively with and providing guidance for maintenance assistants and occasional volunteers
- Maintaining a positive relationship with tenants – representing the agency in a professional manner when interacting with tenants and while in their homes
- Regular communication with Property Manager and Director of Operations
- Assisting to create and implement procedure and systems to enhance the smooth operation of the Maintenance Department of AHC
- Create and maintain organization for storage of furniture and tools
Seasonal Building Maintenance
- lawncare preparation, gutter cleaning
- Pest control preparation (ants)
- Air handler filter replacement
- Schedule HVAC maintenance as needed
- Clean exterior A/C equipment
- Schedule vehicle maintenance
- Check property for winter weather damage
- Lawn care (lawns, hedges, trees and mulch, weed control)
- Power washing houses
- Pest control
- Check A/C and thermostats are working
- make sure all windows and screens are working properly
- Lawn care (leaf clean up)
- Gutters need to be cleaned,
- Prep property for winter
- Check heating is working in all properties
- weatherization as needed to help reduce energy costs
- Snow and ice removal
- Check roof for any moisture breaches
- Ensure heating is working properly in all homes
- Communicate with tenants to keep water in lines moving daily to prevent freezing on colder days
COMPENSATION: This position is for 40 hours/week at a salary of $42,640/year.
Knowledge and experience in property maintenance, construction, and/or repair. Experience working with diverse populations, including non-English speaking clients. Ability to multi-task and creatively problem solve, and ability to work in a fast-paced and vibrant environment required. Ability to work independently.
RCHP-AHC is an equal opportunity employer. Diversity is a core value at RCHP-AHC and in its programs. We are passionate about building and sustaining an inclusive and equitable working and service environment for all clients, staff, and volunteers. We believe every member on our team and in our community enriches our diversity by exposing us to a broad range of ways to understand and engage with the world, identify challenges, and to discover, design, and deliver solutions. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or other protected or unprotected categories. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.